Hetton School is committed to providing an outstanding education to all pupils and embraces the concept of equal opportunities for all.
At Hetton School we prioritise both attendance and punctuality as a means of improving educational performance, embedding lifelong habits and improving work / career prospects. We support and strive to achieve 97% attendance for all pupils (the minimum set by the School) and use many incentives, strategies and interventions in our efforts to do so.
Hetton School recognises that:
- Most students attend school regularly to learn, to socialise with friends and prepare themselves fully to take their place in society as well as becoming rounded and responsible citizens with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to contribute to the life and prosperity of the community
- There is a clear link between students’ achievement and their level of attendance at school. We want all the students to achieve the very best they can and for this they need to be in school regularly
- Late arrival disrupts the education not only of the student who is late but also of others in the class
- It is the legal responsibility of parents/carers to ensure their children attend the school
- Some students and their parents/carers may need to be supported at times to meet their attendance obligations and responsibilities
To read our full Attendance Policy, please click here