As a community, we all have a responsibility for our children to remain safe and be safe from harm. At any time, if you need any advice or support due to any welfare or safeguarding concerns you can contact the services below direct for support.
- Together for Children 0191 5615560 (or the out of hours team after office hours on 0191 2505552) for those living in Houghton, Hetton and Easington Lane areas.
- Durham First Contact on 03000267979 for those living in the Durham area.
- Information can be found on their websites. Together for Children (Sunderland area) or Durham.gov.uk (Durham area).
- In any emergency always call 999.
The school DSLs (designated safeguarding leads) will be available during the school day and can be contacted via the school telephone number (0191) 5623322.
Our safeguarding staff are:
- Mrs J McKeown (DSL & Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion)
- Mrs T Seldon (Deputy DSL, Safeguarding & Welfare Pastoral Officer)
- Mrs S Cooke (Deputy DSL & Senior Leader for Behaviour & Pastoral Care)
Do not wait if the concern is urgent to contact us in school hours for advice. Call direct to the services with your concern.
We are now an Operation Encompass School. Children who are affected by domestic abuse don’t have to suffer in silence.
Operation Encompass directly connects the police with schools to provide local support for children who have experienced domestic abuse in their homes. Through having this support within the school setting, children are better safeguarded against the short-, medium- and long-term effects of domestic abuse.
Operation Encompass enables key adults in schools, police and teams within Sunderland City Council to train and work together to help children feel safe, secure and receive the appropriate support.
For further information about Operation Encompass, please click here
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre. Further information is also provided at CEOP’s Thinkuknow for Parents and Carers at https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
The Internet is essential to our children’s education, future careers and lives. But even the most experienced Internet user doesn’t understand how children use the Internet and how to help them have a safer and more enjoyable surfing experience. We have put together a comprehensive guide below with tips and links to further information to help ensure your child is staying safe online. To view the information please visit our Online Safety page here